Application Process

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Application Process

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    NK
    Participant
    2 pts

Any thought about job application submission extended date. I recently experienced with my application with UNOPS, where the job poster (UNOPS) twice informed me of extension to the submission date.

What could be the Reasons for Extension to application submission date?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by NK.
    #3236 Score: 0
    Anja
    Participant

UNOPS has pretty strict rules of having a certain number of female applicants. If there are not enough, then often the deadline is extended as additional outreach efforts are taken.

#3237 Score: 0
    NK
    Participant
    2 pts

Thanks Anja!

Organizational diversity on merit sounds more appropriate, but strict rules of having a certain number of female applicants for every single job posting (in extended time) is odd. If they can’t find females, I am sure they don’t either push their next door neighbors to fill a job 😀

#3239 Score: 0
    hyp007
    Participant

Hi again!

I wanted to know if anyone knows the average time it takes for the UN to get back with the results of an interview?

I applied for a G5 position with the UNDB and just got asked to come in for an interview in two weeks. I wanted to know what kind of timeframe I’ll be looking at IF I pass the interview.

Thanks everyone!

#3254 Score: 0
    starbuck87
    Participant
    1 pt

Hi again! I had that IAEA interview last week, there were no sonru or written test ahead. However, the interview was very long and detailed with many technical questions.
    Today I got a notice that they want to check my references. Do any of you have any idea on how this phase looks like? What will they ask my contacts? How many candidates will get their references checked? It is not easy to give your employer inseption that you might leave, especially if it is a long shot to get that job. Thanks in advance for any hepl!

#3261 Score: 0
    wlimiadyx
    Participant

Hello all!

Just wanted to check if there’s anyone who has gotten through technical interview process for FAO P1 Junior Professional Program last week. Or anyone who is now a JPO for that matter?

I wonder what the next steps are and how long it would take for me to receive the news (either bad or good one).

Just to share a little bit of my experience: The technical interview took almost 30 minutes in total and the questions were, let’s say Boss-level difficult. In all honesty, I did not think I was performing well – I could have been better had I not gotten Skype fright. I have low optimism but I still hope they would give me a clear status about my application.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

#3266 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi all,

I’m trying to close this forum as I’m building up the new forum here:

https://unjoblist.org/forum

Could you please answer the questions over there?

thanks a lot and sorry to make you register again…

Cheers,
    Sebastian

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • The topic ‘Application Process’ is closed to new replies.