Contracts, Grades and Levels

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Contracts, Grades and Levels

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Counto
    Participant

dear Sebastian
    great website. the question is about SC contracts (service contracts): does UNDP pays the salaries/fees to SC contract holders in a host country? or does the host country pays the salaries of SC holders? Or maybe it differs from one country to another?
    with appreciations
    Andre

#1984 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi Andre,

I only know the model where UNDP issues the contract and also does the payment. I’m not aware of any model where the government pays directly. I only know the other way round: it is possible that people in a ministry working on UN projects are UN service contract holders being issued a contract and being paid from the UN organisation.

May I ask why you are asking?

Thanks!

#1985 Score: 0
    Counto
    Participant

dear Sebastian
    many thanks! yes it is a case of a undp sc contract holder working for the government. the UNDP pays his salary but the government says that they are the ones who pay the UNDP back. i am told that fact is, that the government transfers the salaries in advance to UNDP to pay the salaries of SC holders. also being told that all sc holders salaries of staff working in government in undp projects such as governance, are paid by the respective government, and UNDP only dispense the money. also told that it is the same all over the world. how true is this?
    thanks

#1986 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi,

yes, that could be the case: Essentially any UNDP programme can have either international or national donors. And it is possible, that a national donor/source of fund is used to fund activities in a government agency. As far as I’m aware this can happen all over the world, correct.
    May I ask why this question came up?

#1989 Score: 0
    Counto
    Participant

hello
    many thanks ! the question came up in a conversation over a report which mentions that the UN by creating the SC contract type was able to save 35 percent of salaries then if it were to hire permanent staff. the counter argument was that the UN all over the world does not fund SC contracts but the host countries are the funding source. i wanted to make sure what is correct. do you know of countries where SC contracts are funded by the UN and NOT by the host country?
    thanks a lot for your valuable reply

#1995 Score: 0
    Asjadkhan
    Participant

Dear Sir, on 5th of December, a friend of mine had received a test reminder which was about a test link that he was supposed to receive on 7th of December this month by 10AM and the test link for the position of SO FS-5 would be active till 10AM on 8th of December but he miscalculated and mistook the time of receiving the test link with 10AM December, 8th instead of 10AM December, 7th. To cut it short he did not receive the link at all and could not send them email in time rather after 10AM 8th of December which actually was the expiry time of the test but after about an hour he sent 3 emails requesting them to reconsider. What are the chances? Would they reconsider in any way possible?

Regards

Asjad

#1996 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Thanks – yea makes sense. Honestly I don’t know which countries use which contract types where exactly. Overall, I think this is a bigger challenge: many projects / programmes of the UN are very limited in time which makes it very hard to give permanent contracts (as you are promising the individual things that the donors haven’t granted yet).

#1997 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Oh – that’s a pity. Honestly, I don’t know exactly what will be the next steps from here. Would you be able to tell us what happens next? Thanks!

#2001 Score: 0
    Asjadkhan
    Participant

Yes Sir sure if something really happens. Sending them requests if they even entertain. Shall update you with the result. I do not think they would reconsider but who knows. Future holds many surprises.

#2135 Score: 0
    NadjaS
    Participant

Hi there,

any news yet? Thanks for letting us all know 🙂

#2150 Score: 0
    13ravin
    Participant

What is IICA 11 in terms of salary or contract amount.
    Can anyone tell me that?

#2154 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi 13ravin,

Are you talking of IICA at ICS 11 level or is this an IICA1?

And which duty station are we talking about?

#2427 Score: 0
    Be_The_Change
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Mr. Sebastian,

How are you doing?!

My question this time is about a temporary position 9p4) at OCHA.

What is the probability of getting a renew on the 6 months contract (estimated for this vacancy) or even getting an upgrade for a fixed term ? I would be useful or even worth to abandon a job that I already have for this temp. vacancy?

Please, share your thoughts!

Best regards,

Be The Change

#2432 Score: 0
    Tayeb
    Participant

I’m asking about ICA and GL4 and the salary scale? !!! please tell me about them ASAP.

#2440 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi Tayeb,

what exactly would you like to know? I posted the link to the salary calculator of UNDP a few days ago. GL4 / LICA4 should be the in the same ballpark as a UNDP GS4.

Good luck,
    Sebastian

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Contracts, Grades and Levels’ is closed to new replies.