The waiting game

Home Forums UN Job List Forum The waiting game

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sns
    Participant
    1 pt

Hi guys,

When I started reading up about the UN hiring process on various websites and blogs, I found a common thread in all the responses from applicants – the frustration that comes with the recruiter not committing to a deadline or not following the deadline if they announce one!

How do you guys survive this waiting period? What do you guys do to maintain sanity?! What is the longest that you’ve had to wait to hear back from them? (I think for me it was one year – for them to let me know that I was not selected)

Would love to hear from all of you! 🙂

#2910 Score: 0
    synthia1802
    Participant

Hello Sns,

I read from your other posts about your UNICEF job interview and process, Did they get back to you? I know you were waiting for an offer. I completely agree this waiting period is terrible and it is obnoxiously long. I do read from Glass door, some people get hired in a few days and don’t go through this long wait. Is it only for certain positions or all positions go through this long wait.

#2913 Score: 0
    Sns
    Participant
    1 pt

Hey,

No, I haven’t heard back from them about the position yet :/ No word from the HR..

#2922 Score: 1
    jannu
    Participant
    1 pt

I had interview for UNICEF in September 2016, after that I have heard nothing from them and their system still indicates that “application under review”. I even contacted that recruitment portal to check that but status stayed same. I also emailed one of the interviewers to ask what was the outcome but no reply. So soon this application under review will celebrate its two years birthday.
    How it is possible that big international companies are able to give feedback in reasonable time but UN common system seems to fail. Something is seriously wrong in process or they just do not care. Competition is high and they are able to pick up the best but that does not meant that they need to treat people this way. One strange thing is that they are never able to tell how many applications did they receive, that can not be a secret information.

#3194 Score: 0
    jannu
    Participant
    1 pt

Just to compare, Red Cross is able to give feedback after 1 month application dead line.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘The waiting game’ is closed to new replies.