urgent question

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Duty Stations urgent question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KASSEMANWAR
    Participant

Please Consider this very urgent I have been offered a letter of appointment from UNICEF but they are asking me to resign from my current government employment. I can take unpaid leave and they said it is accepted then said no I have to resign. Iam 45 if I resign all my entitlements with the government will be lost. I do not know why I should resign when I can take unpaid leave from government and is there a rule that says so. Please I hope you can answer this question very soon. my email is [email removed by admin – pls. don’t post emails here!]

#3105 Score: 0
    Steve 12
    Participant

Hey Kassemanwar,
    First and foremost congratulations for making that far. This are stories that give me hope to continue applying for UN. Personally I work with the government in my home country. If the job offer is permanent you should take it and resign from your current job. You should calculate the benefits viz-a-viz the exposure you will get. The benefit which I will get after working with my home government for 27 years is equal to UN two years pay. You should not be afraid for the unknown……

#3106 Score: 0
    KASSEMANWAR
    Participant

it is an annual contract renewed depending on evaluation and availability of funding. Is there a permanent contract I do not believe there is such contracts in UN.

#3138 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

I would ask them about the specifics. Typically you can’t be serving your government and the UN at the same time. That would be a conflict of interest. However, ask if you can take a leave of absence from your current job. I personally would not leave a pension arrangement etc. for a 1 year contract at the age of 45.

#3186 Score: 0
    pedram
    Participant

Dear Sebastian

Thank you so much for your website.
    would you please tell me the following email is valid?
    hr@unpsd.org

Sincerely,

Pedram

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘urgent question’ is closed to new replies.