COPENHAGEN

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Duty Stations COPENHAGEN

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Alright, here is the topic to discuss everything about Copenhagen. Please share information about:

a) Accommodation
    b) How to get around
    c) Network
    d) UN specific topics around Copenhagen – thanks!

#2076 Score: 0
    NadjaS
    Participant

I have heard many nice things about Copenhagen – quick question: is this a good duty station for families? Can you find your way around with just English or do you need to know Danish?

#2091 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi Nadja,

it is a very good duty station for families. And yes, English is perfectly sufficient in most situations. Of course, if you live longer in the country, you should make an effort to learn some of the local language but you will not have any problems with English only. Danes are super family friendly and facilities for families are generally really great.

#2138 Score: 0
    enock
    Participant

Dear Sebastian,

A colleague of mine has been offered this position. Is it wise to relocate from another continent to UK – Denmark based on the remuneration tagged to https://jobs.unops.org/pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=14493.

He somehow finds the pay small taking note of expenses of living in Denmark.

Will appreciate your advice

Please advise
    Thanks

#2142 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

I will move this to the Copenhagen forum – if it is worth moving to CPH for a 11 months or not is of course an individual decision. Would I move my family, worry about schools, sell everything and start a new life? Maybe not. But there are many folks who find CPH very liveable and nice and provided you sorted your accommodation, you should be alright. In fact, I do know at least 3 people who do/did commute to CPH from other countries for a period of time.

#2220 Score: 0
    Anja
    Participant

Hi all,

Does anybody know about UNHCR in Copenhagen? I heard they expand their office there?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘COPENHAGEN’ is closed to new replies.