Got invited to an interview – what to expect?

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Got invited to an interview – what to expect?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AbdoulE
    Participant

Hi,

I got invited to an interview – what should I expect? Any tips on how I can prepare?

Thanks.

#2067 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi there,

typically, you should expect a competency based interview – i.e. they will ask about actual situations, what needed to get done, what you did, the results & your learning from that situation. The key element of this kind of interview is, to understand which kind of competency they are asking for and to highlight relevant items for that competency.

Good luck!

#2254 Score: 0
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi there,
    I have been invited to complete an online video interview through Sonru. What should I expect. Any advice for someone trying to get in an intergovernmental organisation?

Many thanks

#2255 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Gerula.

Congratulations for reaching the interview! I wish you all the best luck!

I would like to ask you, is that part of an IAEA Process? I know they use Sonru.

I am also on one process, for a finance/project management position at IAEA.

#2256 Score: 1
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi WorldVision,
    Thanks a lot, but this interview starts the recruiting process for OPCW. Also for a management position. But never heard before about SONRU. I really don’t know what I should expect.
    Regards.

#2257 Score: 2
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Gerula!

With SONRU, you will get lets say 10 questions, with a specific time for each one. It is kind of a vide conference. You should expect some questions regarding your experience, knowledge and how both are related to the job description they asked for.

#2783 Score: 0
    synthia1802
    Participant

Hello Sebastian,

I applied for a P3 position in ICT division of UNICEF, I had my first round of interview and heard back from the HR for a second and last interview tomorrow. The first interview was with Section chief and 2 HR personnel. What can I expect in the second and last interview? I had applied for this position in Nov 2017 and I heard back in Apr 2018. I know the process is quiet long. Any insights to my situation. Thank you for your wonderful service.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by synthia1802.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Got invited to an interview – what to expect?’ is closed to new replies.