Interview Confirmation Email Required

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Interview Confirmation Email Required

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    taedui
    Participant

Hi Sebastian,

This is a strange question, and it is a strange procedure for me too.

I was invited to the interview at UNICEF a few days ago. Before that an HR lady called and arrange the schedule.

I went there for the interview. A day after that, the same lady sent a mail and called asking me to just reply and confirm my participation! That was after the interview was arranged!

She said it is their “procedure to keep record”. What does this mean? Does it mean they want to close my case OR they are processing to further steps?

Thanks a lot!

#2242 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi there,

That sounds indeed a bit unusual. Are you sure you were requested to confirm the participation in the interview? What sometimes happens is, that candidates are requested to confirm their continuous interest in the position.

Let us know how this continues from here…

#2246 Score: 0
    taedui
    Participant

Hi Sebastian,

I am quite sure she asked me to just ‘confirm’ my schedule for the interview that has already been conducted!!

I replied to her; yes, I will take part in the interview and told her directly that this is something I never experienced before that HR would ask a candidate to confirm anything backdated.

More strange thing is that, she replied and gave me her personal phone number so that I could call and acquire. I did and she insisted that its their recording system. Sounds so strange for me.

Anyway, I do NOT think I will get the offer since I feel I did not perform well on the interview. So, probably it is really just a strange UN process.

#2247 Score: 0
    NadjaS
    Participant

Wow – that’s strange. A personal phone number? That’s unusual…

#2248 Score: 0
    Celestine
    Participant

Hi Sebastian,

I am going to start this by asking that you please condole my ignorant questions(if the need arises).

I applied for the UN DESA job since last year and heard nothing from them. This year I got a mail emailing me the P-11 form to fill and an e-interview form containing almost 20 questions. I answered this and equally sent it back to a given address attaching some of my certificates as instructued.

About 3 weeks later, I was sent a Medical Examination Form which I was asked to filled and send back to a given Un address. I have done this and forwarded to the address but I want to really understand the workability of this process and what happens next after the medical examination form that was sent to them.

Is this a normal UN process? Please advice .

#2259 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi Celestine,

everyone is free to ask – thanks for joining in!

Can you confirm that the email is actually from UN DESA? It should come from an email similar to [lastname]@un.org – if it is not that kind of email be highly suspicious.

I blogged about the issue here: https://www.rottmair.de/2013/01/13/scam-alert/

Good luck!

#2261 Score: 0
    Celestine
    Participant

Sebastian.

Thank you for your response.

I received the first mail from:
    info.lo@un-desa.org
    and the send mail from:
    staffing@un-desa.org

Please can these mail addresses be from them? I have forwarded the medical form as filled to them and I’m still expectant.

Thanks for taking your time on this.

#2263 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Sorry to say this seems to be a SCAM. DESA needs to go through the UN careers portal and does not do email based interviews.

http://www.un.org/en/sections/about-website/fraud-alert/index.html

The site is not registered to the UN but a private individual:

https://www.whois.com/whois/un-desa.org

Stay alert, don’t share personal information and beware…

#2264 Score: 0
    Celestine
    Participant

Thank you very much for this information and search. I will on the alert for more of the kind of mails.

Once again, I say thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Interview Confirmation Email Required’ is closed to new replies.