Job hunting tips

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Job hunting tips

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Tips and tricks for job hunting go here – feel free to share your experiences. As always be considerate.

#1837 Score: 0
    NadjaS
    Participant

Is there any updated material on competency based interviewing out there? I heard that some organisations have competency frameworks. Does anybody know who has these frameworks?

#1924 Score: 0
    matias
    Participant

Quick question, I was contacted for a P-4 position in FAO. I had the interview and the written test on September 20. What are the next steps and how long could it take to give me a notification if I was selected or not?

#1925 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi,

I’m not working for FAO so I’m certainly not an authority on this topic. But typically they rank the candidates and then move forward with the selection.

I did write about that here: https://www.rottmair.de/2011/08/03/un-recruitment-what-steps-take-how-long-in-the-process/

Good luck!

#1966 Score: 0
    spillrule
    Participant

Dear Sebastian,
    Please l applied for store keeper position with Wfp since August 2017 but l got an invitation for a written test in October 2017, a week after we are called back for an interview but l asked the HR among the panel how soon l can get back from them but he responds was that as soon as possible. Now its two weeks now l haven’t get any reply from them. Can l send a friendly follow up and l hope it won’t count against my application. Kindly advice.

#1967 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Yes, I would do a gentle follow up

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Job hunting tips’ is closed to new replies.