SCAM job offers

Home Forums UN Job List Forum SCAM job offers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi all,

it is a sad story but there are a number of scammers out there, that want to get your money and setup UN related scams of all time.

I don’t really want to discuss this topic too much. But every now and then, topics emerge that deal with the topic, so I will move them here.

Just to be clear: the UN will NEVER(!) ask you for money! Not for training, not for certifications not for anything else. The UN will also never just give you money.

I blogged about the topic here: https://www.rottmair.de/2013/01/13/scam-alert/

Stay safe out there!

#2367 Score: 0
    Mbi
    Participant

Good Day Sebastian.
    Thank you for the information, its really help a lot. Please I applied for FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER under UNDESA since September 2017. They sent me P11 and Interview Form and requested my Certificates. I filled the forms and attached my certificates. Just last month they sent me Entry Medical Form, which I filled and sent back. Please what can you say about my application status and what am I expecting next?

Thank you

#2368 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi there,

how did you apply? Through INSPIRA? Was there an interview? What you describe sounds dangerously close to a scam…

Whatever you do – send absolutely NO money!

#2369 Score: 0
    Mbi
    Participant

Hi!
    I receieved an email from un.job@outlook.com on 13th Sep 2017 stated different fields and positions. The closing date was 30th Sep 2017. I sent my CV and the selected position to recruiting@un-desa.org which i did….

On 16 Jan 2018 I received another email from info.log@un-desa.org with an attachments, that I should fill the Personal History Form and e-interview form and send same with my educational certificates to staffing@un-desa.org on or before Feb. 2018

I received a mail acknowledging the receipt of my P11, e-interview form and certificates. And I was told, I will be contacted as soon as the final screening has been conducted and your application considered for employment.

On 20th Feb 2018. I received an email from staffing@un-desa.org “Please find attached a copy of medical Examination form. The filled form should be sent to info.log@un-desa.org for delivery to the United Nations Medical service.”

Above is the summary

#2370 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Sorry, this is a SCAM. It is NOT a real UN DESA job. Don’t take my word for it – check this on the UN’s website:

http://www.un.org/en/sections/about-website/fraud-alert/index.html

https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=SCAM

#2371 Score: 0
    Mbi
    Participant

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘SCAM job offers’ is closed to new replies.