Success stories!

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Success stories!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Pedro morales
    Participant
    2 pts

Woohoo! Congratulations to you Sns!
    Here’s hoping we get some more success stories on here soon.

#2975 Score: 0
    Sns
    Participant
    1 pt

Thank you guys!

#3042 Score: 0
    Be_The_Change
    Participant
    4 pts

SNS

First of all I’m genuinely happy for you!! Well done !

By sharing your experience you gave us hope, and that will motivate us on pursuing our objectives!

I’d like to know, some points about your sucessful path:

1. How long was the window between the last day of applications and the written assessment?
    2. Did you apply in the beginning, middle or in the end of the window time for the application?
    3. Did you get any insights or tips at the interview that you felt that you would be THE ONE?

I imagine things are crazy with the arrangements, but please, answer me when you can!

Best of luck and congratulations, once again!

#3043 Score: 0
    Sns
    Participant
    1 pt

Hi Be the Change,

Thank you for your kind wishes!

Here are the answers to your queries –

1. The gap was only 3 days
    2. End
    3. No, nothing at all. The interview started very late like 1.5 hours or so. And they were in a hurry so they asked me to be brief. The interview had gone well, but I kept feeling that if I had time I might have done better. I absolutely had no sense of whether this was going to get me through or not.

#3082 Score: 0
    Nana Yaa
    Participant

Thanks dear,

Have gone through all the ex interviews and have been granted the job offer with all its details like salary etc. And was send a form to fill and attached a scanned copy of my international passport and also selected from the date given which is August,September and October 2018 for my training and orientation in new York. All the process will be done by their agent and will let me know when to go to the embassy. Any hope please.

Thanks

#3095 Score: 0
    Nana Yaa
    Participant

Thanks dear,

Have gone through all the ex interviews and have been granted the job offer with all its details like salary etc. And was send a form to fill and attached a scanned copy of my international passport and also selected from the date given which is August,September and October 2018 for my training and orientation in new York. All the process will be done by their agent and will let me know when to go to the embassy. Any hope please.

Thanks

#3097 Score: 0
    NK
    Participant
    2 pts

Nana Taa: Congrats!
    Good to know that you will soon start working with UN at NY.
    When you said ‘international Passport’, did you mean the National Passport.
    You are talking about joining date and also asking for hope? Come on !

#3114 Score: 0
    Pmf
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I will like to share my journey so far in trying to secure a national position with UNICEF and would like anyone knowledgeable to respond please.
    1. I got invited for a written online test 2weeks after the close of advert
    2. Invited for Interview 2weeks after the test
    3. 5Hrs after the interview I was asked to share my referees for reference check as well as copies of my academic certificates.
    4. It’s been 5weeks without a feedback even when I was told by the HRM during the interview to expect feedback within 3-4weeks.
    What are my chances of securing my dream job? Do you think I should follow up with the HRM or I should rather wait ?
    I must confess the waiting game doesn’t seem nice to me.

#3116 Score: 0
    NK
    Participant
    2 pts

Pmf: Congrats & wish you success !

Would suggest that you contact your referees (references you provided) and check if they have been contacted by UN HRM team already, just in case if either of your referee was not available – request them to be available.

In case the UN HRM asked three top candidates the same (you being one) then the HRM will evaluate references feedback too.

No one but only the UN HRM have the answer to your question about your chances of securing your dream job.

If you browse through this forum, you may find applicants at different level of recruitment process are waiting for months, and there are no two cases similar. I must say you are the top brass here (2 week + 2 week + 5 hours)

You kidding 😀

#3120 Score: 0
    Pmf
    Participant

Hi NK,
    Thanks so much for your response, I guess my waiting is short compared to so many whom seem to be in the waiting game.
    Just to add, the HRM did ask me to get in touch with my referees ASAP after the check was sent to them, I got in touch with them and within 3 days all of them responded and assured me of a glowing report about my past work.
    I guess I really need to be patient going by experiences of others in this forum.
    It is my second attempt to the UN I should guess I am lucky to get this far.
    Thanks

#3131 Score: 0
    Be_The_Change
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi You sucessful candidates!

Do you mind sharing your UN target staff level (P2, P3, etc) and your experience + education? So we could have an ideia if there is somekind of logic in the recruitment process.

I could give you an example:

Target: P2 and P3 levels
    Professional experience: 7+ years
    Education: Masters complete / PhD in Progress

#3187 Score: 0
    Nana Yaa
    Participant

Hello sebastian,

Pls am on the process but when i got to accomodation and housing they are requesting for payment to be done before they can proceed after which they will refund the money to me later when i get to New york. But the amount is huge $3946.00.
    Pls is this real .
    Urgent feedback please.

#3188 Score: 0
    Pedro morales
    Participant
    2 pts

Nana Yaa

THIS IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT SEND ANY PAYMENT!!!

At no point in this process should anyone be asking you for money. Please do not send any payment. I am truly sorry to hear that you have been put in this situation, and the job that you are going for is not actually real.

Whatever you do, do not send any money. Who is this coming from? What organization are they claiming to be with?

#3190 Score: 0
    Nana Yaa
    Participant

My dear i knw everything about scammers
    I knw real UN wunt ask for any money at any point. Thnks am certian now….am so sad

#3208 Score: 0
    Mody_r
    Participant

Dear sebastien,
    Do you have any idea what an INFORMAL INTERVIEW woulf looklike. I am roster at UN and they called me there is no need for assesment but we will have an informal interview. In the roaster at a glance book they say that this kind of interview is less formal than the competancy based interview,do you have any feedback on this?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Success stories!’ is closed to new replies.