Technical tests

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Technical tests

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    micuentadecasa
    Participant

Hi, I have been contacted to pass a technical test for a Information systems assistant position, there is any help about this? I’m not asking for disclosure of information but general help about this topic.

#1928 Score: 0
    NadjaS
    Participant

That test should be about the actual job you will be doing. I have also complete a psychometric test once but that was only one time.

#1929 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi,

I think what Nadja says is right. Are there special requirements for the job you are applying to? If yes, then I think it is likely that they will do a technical test to match that. When I design technical tests, I try to simulate a typical case / issue that the candidate would encounter in real life.
    I pay special attention to making these tests relevant and not “mean”. The point is to test how the applicant thinks, not to fail them in grades…

But let us know how it goes. And maybe someone else wants to chip in?

#2079 Score: 0
    Asjadkhan
    Participant

Dear Sir,

Can you tell what is the passing percentage in UN assessment tests?

Regards

Asjad

#2092 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Sorry, I would not know the answer to this question. For the tests I’m familiar with, the pass-rate can be anything between 0% and 90% – typically, the test is really not trying to emulate a Gauss-distribution but rather establish a minimum threshold for technical competence. How many pass then depends on the candidates only.

However, I’m interested in other opinions on this. Are there any experiences?

#2094 Score: 0
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Anyone with experience UNHCR TECHNICAL TESTSS, i would like to share mine too?

[MOD NOTE: I moved this topic here so more people can see it – thanks!]

#2095 Score: 1
    Gloria
    Participant
    1 pt

I have sit a number of test for United Nations in finance , and you do not get any feedback on your results or general results. There is no information about the number of candidates that sit the exam or how many made it upon the threshold, or what this threshold might be. So I think it does depend on the number of candidates and the overall quality of the answers.

This practice is rather strange compared to organisations like the European Commission, that publishes the number of candidates, and communicates individually the marks obtained and the threshold of the last candidate retained… which is by far more transparent. And helps a lot for subsequent selections.

#2098 Score: 0
    RPM
    Participant

Dear Sir,

Can anyone help me to get samples of questions for UNDP account and finance test?

Thank you

RPM

#2108 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Sorry, I don’t have any of these kinds of tests so I wouldn’t know how to help in this case…

#2156 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Nadja!
    I hope you are doing well!

I wanted to ask you about the psychometric tests. Did you get 50/50/50 and 65? If not, did you went further in the process anyways?

The results are shown not just in % of correct answers, but they also offer you a comparison with people who took the exam, and which % of people was worst than you.

I would like to here your experience.

Thanks!

#2183 Score: 0
    RPM
    Participant

Hi,
    I have attended the Accounting & finance online test for G7 position. When can I expect the results? Can anyone share their experience?

Thank You

RPM

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Technical tests’ is closed to new replies.