Standard Pre Selection Test

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Standard Pre Selection Test

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Be_The_Change
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Mr. Rottmair and mey dear colleagues,

First of all, I’d like to express my gratitude for your great work over this page and the Job List. You’ve been helping me a lot and you did not know that!

Here it goes:
    I applied for a P2 post (there are 2 vacancies for the post) in April and after all these period, I was invited yesterday to sit for a Standard Pre Selection test (textual reasoning and analytical reasoning). Regardding that, I have three questions and I’d be honoured if you could help me understand it:

1. Is it ok to receive this invitation after 6/7 months or I’m probably in the second wave of candidates?
    2. How many candidates are likely to be in this stage?
    3. What is the average % score of these tests? (around 80% or people usually score 95%+ ?)

Thank you very much Indeed!

#1952 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Hi there!

you write:

1. Is it ok to receive this invitation after 6/7 months or I’m probably in the second wave of candidates?
    2. How many candidates are likely to be in this stage?
    3. What is the average % score of these tests? (around 80% or people usually score 95%+ ?)

on 1: It is ok. I know that it can sometimes take a very long time
    on 2: Very hard to say. It could be as little as 3 (very unlikely) and as much as 20-30 (also unlikely). In my own work, I try to get some 5-7 candidates for each position I have to fill to ensure that at least 3 make it to the interview stage.
    On 3: I wouldn’t know. At least in my experience the results are not “standard” or “usual” and can vary very much.

#1956 Score: 1
    Be_The_Change
    Participant
    4 pts

Thank you for your reply!

I got it..

Based on the length of the firsts steps, is it safe to assume that the invitation for the interview could take up to 6/7 months or things usually tend to run faster after the exam?

Thank you once again!

#1959 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

That’s really hard to say. It could go much faster, it could take the same time (let’s hope not). I would typically expect it to take a shorter time. Can I ask you to report back once you heard from them? Thanks!

#1962 Score: 0
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi there!
    I express also my gratitude for this great work you have done here.

On late October I was successful in passing the Standard Pre-Selection Test (SPT), for a Job Opening in UN Secretariat. At the beginning, on the UN Human Resources web page, the job I have applied was listed for a substantive test (date to be announced) among other job openings. Recently, was removed from the list.
    According with that, what is your opinion? There will not be anymore a substantive test or, I was found not suitable for the next stage of recruitment process?

Thank you for your guidance and support.

#1963 Score: 1
    Be_The_Change
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Gerula,

I don’t have a clue about your situation, I’m sorry.. Maybe Mr. Rottmair can help you. Is there any possibility of expand the search? Maybe your job is hidden in the list..

By the way, how long does it took from the day you did the test assessment to the day you received the news that you were sucessful ?

Thank you!

#1964 Score: 0
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi,
    The test took place between 14 October 2017 and 16 October 2017.
    The results came after two weeks, on 27th of October.
    After that… I really don’t now what will happen.
    Good luck!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Gerula.
    #1979 Score: 1
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi All!

I am new here! It is a great place to share our experiences!

I would like to ask to @Be The Change… in which process are you? Is it the one at UNESCO?

Thank you!

#1980 Score: 1
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Hello Friend,

I was also successful in passing a P4 job posting. Your job posting was not removed. I think it falls under the category of those that would be judged with the Drafting Skills test you did. Now all test will require a Substantive test. Only those that require a substantive test will be displayed.

After you pass the test, you will have to be sneered for suitability, if you are deemed suitable, and if the manager of your job do not require the Substantive test, then you will be invited to the interview provided you did well in you DST.

Unfortunately, no one understands how they screen for suitability, i guess this is where you have to say your prayers and hope some magical manipulations are not being done behind the scene.

I am also hoping to be shortlisted for an interview, so i have to wait if I scaled through the Suitability test and Drafting was also good enough.

God help us!!

#1981 Score: 1
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Thank you biperez very much for your interesting and insightful points. I wish you patience and good luck in your attempt.

#1982 Score: 0
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Thank you biperez very much for your interesting and insightful points. I wish you patience and good luck in your attempt.

#2069 Score: 1
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Any Luck for your guys ?

#2070 Score: 1
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi there,
    I still waiting…….

#2073 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Just wanted to say thanks for the update!

#2074 Score: 0
    Rottmair Sebastian
    Keymaster
    10 pts

Just wanted to say thanks for the update!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘Standard Pre Selection Test’ is closed to new replies.