Standard Pre Selection Test

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Standard Pre Selection Test

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Biperez! Thank you very much for your insights! Great that you also passed them!

Now I am not sure which will be the following step! I wish you good luck with them!

I did the tests for an UNHCR position, in project management. Is yours the same?

#2172 Score: 0
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Nope. I did for Field coordinator. Just did my language test yesterday. Was horrible though. Lol. Any further test for you?

#2173 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Ohh! This forum looks like an amazing tool for everyone into the application process!

I did not hear from them yet! I hope I will. I did the Psychometric tests on Monday. I will have to wait a bit more!

Why was the language assessment horrible? I wish you will hear good news from them! Can you tell us a bit more? What is it like? Writing? Understanding? Very limited time? Did you have it because your mother tongue is other than english?

Sorry for the number of questions, but I think it is the only way to take the most of it!

Best!

#2174 Score: 0
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Please ask all the question you can after all why are we here (smiles)? Even if we don’t get the job it will help others prepare better. Nope it’s in French. It’s a P4 position and before you can be offered a job in that category they require to have a B1 proficiencyin another UN language.

#2175 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Bjperez!

Cool! I totally agree!

So, your native languange is enlígate, and you are doing the languange assessment in French to prove that you have a level higher than B1! Is that correct?

I hope the language assessment is the last step before the interview!

One more thing! The psychometric tess I did was for position in South Sudan, which is a very hard duty station most likely. Do you maybe know if I do not get this position, the psychometric result will still be recorded for others?

Which station are you applying for?

Thank you!

#2176 Score: 0
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Sure!! I was able to attend an online career event the recruitment-team held. So I managed to ask many questions. If you passed the psychometric test and you do not need to undergo the language test then your profile will be sent to the hiring manager. The manager now has the final decision to call you for an interview or not. If you lucky fine. If you are not called, you are then encouraged to apply again for other positions. Once you are screened in, you will not be required to take that test anymore, you will automatically get to the final interview stage. I was told you will be kept in the talent pool for possible future deployments. My duty station is Syria. So even if I pass the language test, it is not a guarantee that I am invited for an interview. But we keep trusting & hoping.

I am African and not a native English speaker. All the best

#2177 Score: 0
    Mohamed
    Participant

Hey all,

Brilliant topic, keep it up. Let me share my timeline so far

Jul 2017 – Applied UNJSPF
    Dec 2017 – Skype interview, no written test.
    Jan 2018 – Sent followup email to HR rep, got reply next day that it is still under assessment.

I know it is a lengthy process, but I believe I will hear some feedback by March maybe.

Will keep you posted

Mohamed

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Mohamed.
    #2203 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi All.

Well… just to do a follow up… One week ago I have received an email asking for some evidence regarding the education and projects that I have done (based on my CV). I was happy receiving this email… it seems that I passed the psychometric tests, and that I was ‘pre-selected’ for an interview…

After I sent what they asked for, I have not receive any notifications yet… I hope they will come soon… @Mr. Rottmair… what do you think?

What about yours Bjperez? Any news?

Is anyone else applying to UNHCR, FAO, UNESCO?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by WorldVision.
    #2205 Score: 0
    Gerula
    Participant
    3 pts

Hi all,
    For me, the selection process for the job position I have applied has been completed. The application was not successful. From now onwards I will do what they told me to do, “keep applying for more jobs”.

Good luck!

#2206 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Gerula.

I am sorry to hear that! You know… it is hard… we just need to keep applying! I have started looking for a job in the UN more than 1 year ago… and as you may know it is not easy to move in on the process and get it!

It is all about timing, persistence and lucky!

Do not give up!

#2207 Score: 0
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Woooooow!!! that’s JUST awesome. Now be rest assured you would be called for an interview, I know that cos I currently work in the UN.

Now you tell me what position did you apply for is it a P position in UNHCR, I know you said S Sudan.

But just be extremely patient with the UN, you must be very persistent.

I am waiting to hear from them finished the language test, I think I am being considered for Alepo and Homs in Syria. I pray I can also give you good news soon. Mine is a senior position, it will be very hard. However, I remain hopeful.

Its nice we can share on this platform. I wish us all grand luck!!

#2213 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Bjperez!
    I am sorry for my late reply!

Thanks for your comments! Well… It has been more than a week since I sent them the information they required. I really hope you are right, and that I will be called for an interview.

The position I applied for it is based in Port Sudan, with some trips to Khartoum, Kassala and other small city. Do you know something about Sudan? What do you think about these duty stations?

I wish you also all the luck, and that soon you will hear from them regarding the position you are applying for.

#2216 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Bjperez!

Are you around?

#2219 Score: 0
    bjperez
    Participant
    3 pts

Very much around. So got the sad news. Failed my French test..lol I knew i would. Syria is not a French Speaking duty station so I do not know why I have to pass French. Anyways, I hope other positions call me for interview as French is not mandatory for P3 positions. What about you, any luck?

#2221 Score: 0
    WorldVision
    Participant
    4 pts

Ohh!!! I am sorry to hear that! It is strange that they are asking for french when the duty station is Siria! I mean, you already have the proficiency in English, I guess you also have another language: Arabic or Spanish? They always ask for at least 2 languages.

I did not hear from them yet! I am stil waiting to have an interview! I hope they will get back to me! It has been 2 weeks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 62 total)
  • The topic ‘Standard Pre Selection Test’ is closed to new replies.