Application Process

Home Forums UN Job List Forum Application Process

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Navite
    Participant

Dear Abraham, I’m also interested in the practice questions for P3 and P4 positions. I’ll really appreciate it. Meanwhile you’re doing a great job Sebastian.

#2388 Score: 0
    abraham5869
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Navite ! kindly send me an email on abraham5869@gmail.com

#2389 Score: 0
    CnK
    Participant
    1 pt

Hi @FACProcMnl,

Kindly note I only have official results for the SPTs which I received end of October 2017, 2weeks after taking the tests.
    The rest is my own estimation of myself.
    Happy Monday
    CK

#2391 Score: 0
    FACProcMnl
    Participant
    1 pt

Thank you for the info, CnK. I guess we need to try harder to improve our chances. Best of luck to us!

#2398 Score: 0
    Anuj.sharma
    Participant

Hello There,

My name is Anuj sharma, and i am manufacturing engineer. I have for apploed for associate logistic officer recent but all of a sudden this morning the job opening is cancelled.I don’t understand please clearing my diploma.

Thanking you,
    Anuj sharma.

#2400 Score: 0
    Anja
    Participant

Hi Anuj, cancelled means they stopped recruiting. At least that’s what I believe. Which organization did you apply to?

#2403 Score: 0
    sparky-eg
    Participant

Hi All,
    I have a question with regards to the process time, I did a written assessment test 2 months back and haven’t heard back from the UN, is it usual for the process to take all this time? Or should I Consider myself out of the process already?

Thank you

#2404 Score: 2
    abraham5869
    Participant
    4 pts

Hey Sparky !
    Seems like you’re doing your first assessment test; and not following this discussion ! I’ve appeared 14 tests so far, the beginning on 9th Dec 2015. Till date that position and other 11 have only displayed ‘Under Consideration’ status on UN ‘Inspira’ website. Hence, relax !!! Good things take time.

#2416 Score: 0
    sparky-eg
    Participant

Hi Abraham,
    It’s my second assessment test, the first one I was notified by email 3 months after the test that my application was not successful.
    I know what you mean I have applications from 2016 still showing under consideration, how bad is this waiting game !!
    I always hope for the best, very difficult to deter me 🙂

#2417 Score: 1
    abraham5869
    Participant
    4 pts

Hi Sparky !
    Nice to know that we’re on the same journey ! I started applying in may 2014 & find some still ‘under consideration’ ! Hope they’ll see daylight someday.
    My first test was in Dec- 2015; quite exciting ! after half a dozen tests it’s more like a routine, not much stress or excitement anymore. In case we get results in time like a University exam it would be really amazing. I did two exams this Wednesday & have another one coming Wednesday.
    Like you mentioned; the waiting Game is absolutely punishing.
    I wish you all the best ! always.
    Have a Great Weekend.

#2426 Score: 0
    Nona
    Participant
    1 pt

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for your great work and support.

I have applied for a P-3 position with UNICEF and have been invited for the written test, then interview, and last week was asked to share my Performance evaluation, but not the list of references.Please note that I have put 3 reference in my original application but when I checked with my pervious supervisor,she has not been contacted yet. Whats worth mentioning, my pervious assignment was with UNICEF as well but the contract has been expired.

I don’t know if this is a good sign or not, but as per my knowledge, HR will ask for the performance from the first best candidate and also do the reference check, but for me it was only the performance evaluation. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance

#2431 Score: 0
    simkas
    Participant

Dear Nona,

First of all congratulation as it seems you are on right track.
    Can you share some tips with applications to Unicef? I heard that they recruit only internal people and consultants, is that true? So far I havent managed to get pre-selected for posts I applied for. I apply only for posts for which I fulfil all criteria.

Thanks!

#2434 Score: 0
    paolo
    Participant

Hello

I applied for the 2017 LCE for Translators, passed all the tests and had my interview in December. I’ve still not heard anything, and yesterday the part relating to this competition in the ‘Notices for candidates’ section of the UN website was removed (previously it showed the list of applicants who’d been invited for an interview). My application still says ‘Under consideration’, but I’m a bit concerned as to what it means when they take things off their website. Does anyone have an idea?
    Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by paolo.
    #2436 Score: 0
    Nona
    Participant
    1 pt

Dear Simkas,

Thanks for your supportive words.

Concerning your question, I am not sure if I can help much. But, I do believe that preference is sometimes given to internal candidates though its not the case in many times. During my work with UNICEF, I have witnessed recruitment of external candidates who are new into the system. Nevertheless, networking and connection always play role in the UN system which unfortunately I am not good at.

I personally have been trying a lot and submit hundreds of applications to all positions that fit my profile, but I am surprised I am not considered for most of them though they are similar to the function I was handling while I was working with them. This is my second selection in almost 2 years! But what I usually do, is to modify my application to the needs of the position and to highlight key achievements that the manager is looking for.

Also, I remember HR colleagues,mentioned that the do also consider other issues like, diversity of the team, your general profile and if it will fit within the context of the country you are applied for, and others.

I hope I am able to clarify things a bit, but I will encourage you to keep on trying. It will definitely workout. Just be patient.

Best of luck

Nadeen

#2437 Score: 0
    simkas
    Participant

Dear Nadeen,

thanks a lot for your reply and useful insights. I have been working in HR in another international organization and I can imagine how competitive the process can be.

I will definitely keep applying, persistence is the key.
    Wishing you all the best.

Simka

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • The topic ‘Application Process’ is closed to new replies.